Luton’s Plumbing-Heating-Air Conditioning, Inc is in search of a Commercial and Industrial Construction Plumbing Foreman.
TYPES OF PROJECTS: Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Multi-family, and Institutional
Location City: Various Locations
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ROLE:
- Responsible for field supervision and completion of plumbing projects from start to finish.
- Oversee the daily construction activities at the work site(s), including scheduling of workers, delivery of equipment and materials and progress of the project.
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures both aboveground and underground in the specified disciplines as well as other related construction disciplines.
- Direct and supervise the planning, layout, installation, testing, cleaning, startup and/or renovation of all types of plumbing and related equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
- Direct and supervise the field measurement and layout of plumbing systems, the assembly and installation of shop-fabricated plumbing assemblies, the proper installation of supports and hangers for plumbing, and equipment.
- Plan and coordinate the efforts of the crew, and motivate them to accomplish the work safely, correctly, efficiently and at or above the company quality standard.
- Supervise and coordinate other related crafts as requested by project management.
- Provide adequate construction methods that will ensure that all systems are installed, repaired and/or renovated in a manner that meets all standard building codes, plumbing codes and safety requirements.
- Master Plumbers License preferred.
- High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalence Certificate Preferred.
- Applicable trade school training helpful.
- Must be a highly qualified tradesman with at least 5 to 10 years’ experience as a plumber and/or foreman/supervisor.
- Must have worked within the plumbing construction industry and have experience supervising 2-20 crewmembers.
- Ability to understand information, ideas and directions and then be able to direct and/or execute the tasks or project discussed.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence clearly.
- Willingness to ask questions to insure a comprehensive understanding of the information being presented.
- Ability to articulate ideas and methods both with the company’s management team and with the skilled craft-persons in your crews.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
- Experience conducting toolbox meetings to communicate safety concerns, work scope, plans, and schedules to your crews.
- Comprehensive understanding of various types of plumbing, such as cast iron, copper, PVC, CPVC, and HDPE as related to project specifications and industry standards.
- Proficient in the use of end prep machines as well as thread, braze, solder, press, glue and fuse equipment required to join the plumbing materials.
- Must be able to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Competent and knowledgeable in basic computer skills.
- Use of basic reasoning, thinking “on your feet”, and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction from a superior.
- Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Utilize all plumbing techniques and methods for joining different types of plumbing systems including threading, mechanical couplings, soldering, brazing, push joint, press fitting, gluing and fusion joining.
- Comprehend documents such as safety policies, operating and maintenance instructions, installation instructions and company procedure manuals.
- Communicate field measurements with fabrication shop in a clear and concise manner.
- Interpret project drawings to understand the plumbing installation in three dimensions.
- Coordinate plumbing installation with other trades to avoid collisions and rework.
- Operate in a team spirited environment and coordinate with other trades.
- Plan and communicate in a timely manner with the project, warehouse, purchasing, and shop managers to assure that an adequate supply of labor, tools, materials, and equipment are available.
- Be able to perform all of the essential functions of the skilled craft workers under your supervision.
- Provide on-the-job training as needed to those individuals under your supervision.
- Observe installed plumbing systems or plumbing equipment to determine hazards and the possible need for adjustments, relocation or replacement.
- Review crew’s timecards for correct hours.
- Monitor and report quantities of work accomplished on a daily/weekly basis.
- Develop 1-week schedules and maintain 2 or 3-week look-ahead plans. Coordinate schedules with project teams.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary based on experience: $65,000-$85,000
- Sign-on bonus for qualified candidates
- Bonuses for meeting project goals
- Healthcare, 401k, Paid Vacations
- Company Vehicle
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.